..for our English users.
Gesperrt
KeanoManu
Tourist
Tourist

Ideas, Suggestions and Questions

Beitrag von KeanoManu »

Hi!
I'm a HUGE fan of Airline Tycoon and I’ve been so since I, mistakenly, bought the game in a local video game store 10 years ago. It wasn't even close to what I wanted to buy and what I thought I bought. But I can easily say it's the best "mistake buy" I’ve ever done. :)
I have been waiting for Airline Tycoon 2 for at least five years now. But reading in the few posts here about the game are making me a little concerned. The main, and almost only, reason I don't play AT1 anymore are the lack of airports and the limited route system. MANY more airports and the ability to more freely set up routes would make AT1 fully playable even today.

In one thread they say that there will only be a handful of character and the character we choose will decide our home region. First of all, will there only be a few playable airports? Like one in Europe, one in North America, one in Asia, one in Africa, one in South America? That would be a HUGE step down from earlier. I almost entirely play in Stockholm, as I’m from Sweden. I would like to continue with that too. But even if it's possible to choose a number of airports within the region I still don't see why I can't choose both character AND home region/airport.

Then we have this route system. How many international airports are in the game? Frankfurt is one. Munich is not, which I maybe can agree with. But from what I understand, Berlin isn't an international airport? That's something I can't agree with. I know the airport in Berlin aren't that big IRL but the city are big and that should make a difference. Will the game only allow one international airport for every nation? I think it should be possible to make a route from Berlin to New York or Berlin to Beijing. The reason Frankfurt are so huge IRL is because Lufthansa are based there. I guess the history of Berlin play a big part too; in the beginning of commercial airline traffic it wasn't really possible to use Berlin as a huge hub. But in the game I would really much want to make Berlin as an International hub.

Now we're back in Sweden again. I have to assume that Stockholm will be an international airport where I can make routes to every other international airport in the world. What about Gothenburg? The game should include much more regional airports and someone, who what I understands works with the game, are confirming that more regional airports will be included in another thread. Gothenburg are probably not an international airport, not intercontinental at least. But there's plenty of routes to other countries in Europe from there and also a few to the Middle East. Will it be possible to recreate that in the game? Will regional airports have the ability to fly routes within the same continent or are they strictly domestic routes for those airports?

I think Kalypso should keep the more "laid-back" feeling that are present in AT1 and skip most of the super-realistic things that are already present in several Airline Simulators that already exists. I want to have the ability to fly from Gothenburg to New York if I want to. Even though the route would be almost impossible to make profit of I want the OPTION to do it anyways.

And a question: Will we still be able to create routes between two cities where neither of them are my home airport? I loved that in AT1, and it's something that I’ve never seen in any of the online-based Airline Simulators.
Dexter
Schalterkraft
Schalterkraft
Re: Ideas, Suggestions and Questions

Beitrag von Dexter »

Hi,
nice to hear that people´s from Sweden know AT and are interested in the future of AT (2).
Your story is nice too. :D
Because of your question I can´t answer :au: but I hope that I can inform people about your question who know the answer.

Sorry of my bad English, I try my best.

MFG
Dexter
Mein Blog in dem ich mich austobe :)
Benjamin@b-alive
B-Alive

Beitrag von Benjamin@b-alive »

Greetings to Sweden.

Regarding your concerns about the number of airports and which airports we will choose, I can only advise you to propose your preferred airports. We will create a thread specifically designed for that purpose sometime later this year.

'Regarding your last question:
I am almost 100% sure that this will be possibly, because otherwise the player would have way to few options for expanding his airline ;)
[i]Perfektion ist nicht dann erreicht, wenn es nichts mehr hinzuzufügen gibt, sondern wenn man nichts mehr weglassen kann.[/i]

Antoine de Saint-Exupery
KeanoManu
Tourist
Tourist

Beitrag von KeanoManu »

Dexter hat geschrieben:Hi,
nice to hear that people´s from Sweden know AT and are interested in the future of AT (2).
Your story is nice too. :D
Because of your question I can´t answer :au: but I hope that I can inform people about your question who know the answer.

Sorry of my bad English, I try my best.

MFG
Dexter
Thanks! :)
I know many people in Sweden who play (or more correct, played) AT1. Unfortunately most of them does not about AT2 as very little information are released in English. This is another complaint/suggestion i can give to Kalypso, and also this homepage. I'll assume that the game will be released in English at the same time as German. Kalypso has to give more news in English. The English part of Kalypsos homepage didn't even reveal that they will be publishing the game and the press release from both Kalypso and Realmforge about the game are not translated to English. If they write more news in English they have a chance to reach out to a much larger audience than before. 300 million people in the US, 60 million in UK, 30 million in Canada & 20 million in Australia. Almost everyone in the Scandinavian countries speaks English good enough to play games in it too. Most other countries with "small" languages have English as a second language so the market is huge. I don't know why the developers aren't using that. It makes me fear that they maybe aren't planning on releasing the game in English, which i think would be a huge mistake.

Your English was good, I understood what you wanted to say. That's what is important. :)

Benjamin@b-alive hat geschrieben:Greetings to Sweden.

Regarding your concerns about the number of airports and which airports we will choose, I can only advise you to propose your preferred airports. We will create a thread specifically designed for that purpose sometime later this year.
Taking Sweden as example again Stockholm (Arlanda) has to be an international airport where it's possible to fly to every other (international) airport in the world. In real life we have routes to the U.S, Middle East & Asia from here. Then the question is how small the regions in the game will be. Will Swede be treated as one region or will it be split up into several. Gothenburg, the second largest city and airport in the country, for example has most of it traffic to other airports in Europe but also a few to outside of Europe (Tehran, Istanbul, Damascus, Erbil & Sulaimaniyah). So Gothenburg should be classified as international too, and i personally would very much prefer to have as many international airports as possible in the game as it will increase the options for me as the player. That will of course not make it profitable to fly Gothenburg - Los Angeles, but it would be sweet to have the ability to create that route. Malmö Airport has very few routes in total, only four domestic (two to Stockholm, two different airports). Very few European routes too but it does also have routes to outside of Europe (two Iraq & one Syria). This is why i don't really like what i saw about the limitations in the route system. Malmö Airport should definitely not be considered an international airport if Munich are not. There are still more international routes than domestically. Once again I would like to have the ability to create international routes from Malmö but almost every route to outside of Europe should be very hard to make profitable, and even most of routes inside of Europe should not be profitable.

Benjamin@b-alive hat geschrieben:'Regarding your last question:
I am almost 100% sure that this will be possibly, because otherwise the player would have way to few options for expanding his airline ;)
That's good, thanks. :)

What about the question regarding the characters? How much thought has Kalypso really put into that idea that they have right now about it? I think it's a very bad idea to connect the characters to one continent instead of letting us choose which character we want to use in either of the continents.
Benjamin@b-alive
B-Alive

Beitrag von Benjamin@b-alive »

First of all thank you for your detailed answer. It seems to me that you have good knowledge about air travel, at least in sweden.

Sadly I cannot answer all your questions since im not allowed to post the information here, but I can assure you that we work hard to implement the best possible solutions to the Route/Airport Problem.
Nevertheless you should not forget, that every addition which adds complexity to the game, not only increases the number of options for the player but for the computer controlled opponents too, which might, at a certain point make the game less fun, instead of doing the opposite.

Finally, rest assured that we will be releasing more information as the development of the game progresses.
[i]Perfektion ist nicht dann erreicht, wenn es nichts mehr hinzuzufügen gibt, sondern wenn man nichts mehr weglassen kann.[/i]

Antoine de Saint-Exupery
woody
Tourist
Tourist

Beitrag von woody »

Hello,

I try to tell my ideas but my english in quite bad.

Renting branches.

AT1 you can rent a branch and you pay a rent for it.And you can share your branches with other competitors.then it is useless to rent it yourself.

My idea is like this : If i rent a branch and my competitor is taking a order from my branch he would bay me a like 1000.- for mediation.And if i use hes branches then i bay for him a 1000.- per order.

And more advertising options than AT1 has.When i advertise then i could like to see it.

I have to play AT1 today then i get some more ideas.

I hope there is Estonia airport!

Rait

from Estonia.
Gesperrt